Thursday, 19 June 2014

BIRCHBOX JUNE 2014 REVIEW


























THE THEME and LIFESTYLE EXTRA

Obviously, the theme of this months box is the World Cup and because Brazil are hosting the World Cup the Brazil colours are all over this box. The flip-flop keyring and bag really excited me as I love the world cup, I'm not like a massive football fan but I do enjoy watching it and I get so into the world cup every time. I only like to use keyrings with meaning so I collect a keyring every time I go to another country. Although I've never been to Brazil I always have an awesome time/experience watching the World Cup so It's a nice memory. I've watched almost every match so far. I put the keyring on my others straight away, I like the Brazil colours and enjoy watching them play. I like that this month Birchbox have added the flags for each product to show which country they are from. Anyway I think I've rambled probably a bit too much on the theme and lifestyle extra, probably more than I will for the actual products, did I mention how I find the World Cup so exciting? Haha, just kidding.

Here's the products I received this month: 
( I didn't take photos of every product, just the ones to show the colours/shades of products. The main photo shows every products anyway :)

SILK + HONEY Shea Butter Hair Mask | Comes in DIY set - £55

This mask is meant to protect and soften hair, I'm always looking for hair masks and I like that this is meant to protect as well as soften, although I'm not totally sure what it will protect my hair from? Maybe heat, it doesn't really say much. This mask doesn't really smell like Shea butter? I'm not sure what it smells really "natural" and floral more than Shea. I am really hoping this does make my hair soft, I'm all about soft hair, I seem to be known for my hair at school, work, with friends/family. Got to keep it up y'know.

OPI Nails | The Brazil Collection | Sample Size | Full Size - £11.95

I'm not too sure about this shade, its not the sort of colour I'd pick up when shopping for nail polish and I'm a bit tired of receiving nail polishes in my boxes as nail polish is my least favourite thing to receive, probably because I already have SO many already. However I then realised looking at this shade that it reminds me of a galaxy, not the chocolate, THE galaxy which has definitely made me more interested. So random I know haha :)



























EMBRYOLISSE Lait-Crème Concentrate | From £12.99

This moisturiser apparently suitable for all skin types with natural ingredients. It seems interesting and I'm looking forward to trying it, I'm always a bit wary of moisturisers as some break me out, and this hasn't happened many times but I have had a bad reaction before, I really like that they use natural ingredients as my skin always feels more comfortable with natural ingredients applied. I am always looking for a new moisturiser to use daily, no moisturiser has really ever won me over before. Fingers crossed!

NAOBAY Body Radiance Lotion | Sample size | Full Size - £14 

This body lotion smells lemon-y, summery and refreshing. I have a lot of body lotions to get through at the moment as I'm quite lazy with that kind of thing but I am excited about this. This is the sample size but I really like the packaging of the full size bottle. I love that this product is organic, I like knowing that there isn't any harsh chemicals going onto my skin. This lotion is packed with Shea butter, olive and avocado oils, which sound pretty good to me.

YVES ROCHER Sheer Botanical Lipstick | Full Size £9.90

This lipstick what a beautiful coral colour this is and it smells pretty yummy too, CHERRY!. I love cherry scented lip products. I've never tried this brands lipsticks before so I cant wait to try this now. Such a lovely colour for summer and especially with a tan. This lipstick is supposed to leave lips "lusciously soft" so we will see.





























I am impressed with this box, not as impressed as when I received the three previous boxes, but it's not a bad box, I think what most excited me was the theme of the box but I am also excited to try the lipstick and attach the keyring to my others. I also love that the box has included a few natural products. I am disappointed I didn't receive the Beauty Blender in my box as I was really excited for it and really thought it was in my box :(

What do you think of this months box? Are you a World Cup fan like me? Or do you hate it. My mum says that my boyfriend is so lucky that I am into football haha!

Birchbox UK 
Birchbox USA

Emily xo

3 comments:

  1. This looks like such a good selection, I am still deciding what box service to subscribe to, I just cant choose they all look good.

    Gaby x

    theglamdottylife.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was subscribed to Glossybox until last month, they've gone a bit down hill I think :( x

      Delete
  2. I'm still in two minds about Beauty boxes, I used to subscribe to all of them (and I mean all of them - it was costing me 100 plus a month!) but now i dont get them anymore i dont really miss them - althought im always tempted by the british beauty blogger boxes!

    ReplyDelete