Wednesday, 26 March 2014

GLOSSYBOX MARCH 2014



1. Michell and Peach Body Cream (40 ml) 

This body cream costs £36 when full sized (180ml) so I am excited to try it as I've never bought such an expensive body item before.
I'd like to see if it's actually worth the money.


2. Dove Hair Therapy Intensive Repair 60 Second Thermal Treatment Shot Full size (15ml)

I think it was a bit cheeky of Glossybox to add this in as a 5th product. This is such a cheap product already... £1.49!!! It's a bit mean putting this in our box and it's so easy to get hold of anyway. I could easily go to a supermarket and chuck it in my basket and not even think about the price.
They should have at least thrown it in as an extra 6th sample? RUDE! I will try this product, but I'm not excited about it at all.  

3. Sleek Pout Polish in Rasberry Rhapsody (10g, Full size)



I was quite excited to see a Sleek product in my box as I love Sleek. However I'm not sure on this lip product.
I don't really like how it's packaged, and really not a fan of the smell! The colour is OK though

4. Bellapierre Cosmetics Shimmer Powder in Wow! (2.35g, Full size)



I don't know if I'll ever really use this product, it's a bit too pink and glittery like something I would wear when I was 10 years old. But it's nice enough...

5. Vita Liberata pHenomenal 2-3 Week Tan Lotion (6ml)

The really annoying thing is that the use by date is 30/04/2014 so that's great when I'd usually only apply fake tan in the summer. I know it doesn't make much difference when a product is a little past it's use by date, but you know, still. 
I hate that you're given two tiny sachets because that is not going to cover my whole body. Pointless. 
So annoying as I'd love to try the 2- 3 week lasting product all over as it sounds pretty good :( 
Glossybox do have a 20% off code for this product though - GLOSSY20. The full sized 150ml bottle costs £37.50

So, yes, I'm not very happy with this months box. I don't know what's going on with Glossybox at the moment, i know a lot of us have felt a bit let down by the recent boxes. Last months was terrible.
Oh well, I'll still be subscribing for another year as I do have faith.  

Luckily i'm also subscribed to Birchbox, which is winning, Benefit samples, Korres and other awesome brands yes please thank you very much!

Let me know what you thought of this box!

Emily xo

5 comments:

  1. I was going to subscribe to a beauty box, but I wasn't sure what one...by the sounds of things I shouldn't get a Glossybox LOL!! You would recommend a Birchbox tho? xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would recomment Birchbox over Glossybox yes. Glossybox is good but the last two boxes haven't been great :( I think Birchbox isn't as expensive also xxx

      Delete
    2. ahhh thanks! I spent ages comparing them online and even considered being really bold and subscribing to both!! Think Ill just go with Birchbox tho. thanks for your help :) xxx

      Delete
  2. I didn't even realise you could subscribe to beauty boxes in the UK.
    I have wanted to for a while but always thought it was an American thing.
    Would you recommend the Glossybox?

    http://dreamsof-newyork.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you can also subscribe to Birchbox. Really, I wouldn't recommend Glossybox anymore, they've disappointed me a lot recently with a few boxes. I've notice other people have also be unsubscribing from them as they feel the same.

      I recommend you try Birchbox, I did a post on the April box which you can check out here http://emzxbeauty.blogspot.com/2014/04/birchbox-april-2014-review-laura.html?spref=tw

      I prefer it so much more xx

      Delete